Direct Dial: 914.271.5150, Ext. 1301
Denise Savage, a Principal and Managing Attorney at Savage Law PLLC, has practiced law in the federal and state courts in the United States and addressed global and jurisdictional issues in courts domestically and internationally as a litigator and mediator for 30 years, commencing with a two-year clerkship as law clerk to the Honorable Howard Schwartzberg, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Southern District of New York.
An attorney, with an MBA in Finance, Denise has represented and provided legal advice and business analysis to:
- Clients in multiple industries as parties, or potential parties, in federal (district/circuit courts), state and international litigation/mediation arising from fraud, breach of contract/fiduciary duty, intellectual property, insurance, intellectual property disputes and business torts;
- Clients in multiple industries as debtors/creditors in the United States Bankruptcy Courts Chapter 11 Trustees and Appointed Litigation Trustees in mega-bankruptcy cases in connection with Chapter 5 and D&O Litigation in an effort to maximize recovery for creditors;
- Clients while conducting internal fraud inquiries on behalf of corporations and appointed trustees and/or receivers;
- Clients while participating in over 500 court-ordered mediations and 1500 litigation settlements outside of mediation.
- Clients by providing outside general counsel services for small to mid-sized companies.
- And is a Trained, certified and practiced mediator in the S.D.N.Y., E.D.N.Y., and District of Delaware U.S. Bankruptcy Courts
Finally, given Denise’s broad-based litigation and mediation experience, coupled with her business background and knowledge of finance, Denise has been appointed to the Register of Mediators for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, the Eastern District of New York, and the District of Delaware.
STATE BAR ADMISSIONS: NEW YORK; NEW JERSEY; SOUTH CAROLINA
COURT ADMISSIONS: UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT; SECOND CIRCUIT COURT OF APPEALS; SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK; EASTERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK
B.A. New York University
J.D. Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law at Yeshiva University
M.B.A. Finance Fordham Graduate School of Business Administration
Marc Reid, CPA, CGMA
at VineStreet Financial LLC
eComp Consultants has consulted and testified for many attorneys, and we found Denise and Savage Law Group to be very tenacious and effective advocates for their clients. Denise quickly grasped complex issues in a recent case including those related to our specific subject matter expertise. She was very responsive to requests for information and issue resolution, and thorough in managing the progress of the case and interactions with expert witnesses. She collaborated very effectively with us during the case which helped in our analysis of significant quantities of complex data.
April 20, 2015, Marc was with another company when working with Denise at Savage Law PLLC
Manager at L7 Designs, Inc. (Todd Oldham Design)
Denise is an excellent attorney with a comprehensive knowledge of the law and always works in the best interest of her client. She thinks through each step of the process and comes up with good solutions and approaches.
September 9, 2013, Linda was Denise’s client
Commercial Middle Market Banking/Lending
Thorough and pleasant. I witnessed her handling of some very large settlement cases while I was at Sterling. She was a pleasure to work with and very reliable. I would recommend Denise and welcome reference calls or emails.
January 31, 2012, David was a consultant or contractor to Denise at Savage Law PLLC
Alan Barbee, CPA/ ABV
Principal at GlassRatner Advisory & Capital Group LLC
Denise worked with and retained our firm in connection with litigation in several bankruptcy cases. I found her to be knowledgeable regarding bankruptcy litigation, articulate and tenacious in representing the interests of her client(s).
January 10, 2012, Alan was with another company when working with Denise at Savage Law PLLC
System Director of Accounts Payable at Presence Health
Denise is a highly focused and effective attorney who generated an excellent return for my company. Her expertise was invaluable, and we would highly recommend her to any prospective client.
August 26, 2011, Robert was Denise’s client